Logs for the Kovri Dev Meeting Held on 2017-06-25

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

Posted at : 2017-06-25 00:00:00 +0200

June 25th, 2017

Logs

<anonimal> 1. Greetings
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> 3. Status of 96boards.org OpenHours showcase for Kovri / Monero
<anonimal> 4. Contributor FFS check-in / status
<anonimal> 5. Community's progress with addendum / revision to https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/63
<anonimal> 6. Open Meta issue review https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues
<anonimal> 7. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<anonimal> 8. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> 9. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Tick tock, like clock work. Hello :)
<sgp> Hey!
<MoroccanMalinois> Hi
<rehrar> yo yo
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
* anonimal typing
<anonimal> For me: PR review/development + collaboration across various repos, kovri-site collab, code collab with MoroccanMalinois, finished up VRP's for all monero subprojects.
<anonimal> 5th tranche completed http://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/86967/anonimal-s-kovri-full-time-development-funding-thread?page=&noscroll=1#post-91187
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois rehrar: any words for the brief review?
<MoroccanMalinois> Still digging in my private testnet
<MoroccanMalinois> It's getting better, one mini baby step at a time
<anonimal> Awesome
<rehrar> hold up, sorry
<anonimal> Sidenote: I just now realized that our previous meeting was two weeks ago and not a week ago… My forum post also covers the work done between our last meeting and now.
<rehrar> I'm literally with endogenic right now, he's in my houes
<anonimal> Hi endogenic
<rehrar> brief review for me
<endogenic> lol hi anonimal :)
<rehrar> I finished the Monero website, so we can start identifying features we want ported to the Kovri website
<rehrar> with Monero website mostly done (and hopefully up soon) I will shift focus to Kovri website
<rehrar> so we can start having a discussion in-depth about things we want
<rehrar> I know I mentioned porting the FAQ tech from the Monero website to Kovri and I think it was received ok
<anonimal> Ok. Note: I think we should continue to try and keep as many features/ideas/bugs in the issue tracker.
<rehrar> will do
<rehrar> I'll put my web ideas up there
* anonimal same here
<anonimal> Ok, thanks. Anything else on 2.?
<i2p-relay> {-pigeons} I'm going to talk with anonimal after the meeting about some questions about i2p tunnels and kovri.i2p will be up soon
<anonimal> Excellent :)
<anonimal> 3. Status of 96boards.org OpenHours showcase for Kovri / Monero
<anonimal> It looks like we're officially scheduled for July 20th, 16:00 UTC
<anonimal> I haven't seen the official confirmation email yet, and no word from FP, but I'm suspecting that we'll be go-for-launch.
<anonimal> I'll post details in the open issue as they come.
<anonimal> Anything else on 3.?
<sgp> 90% sure I can make it.
<anonimal> Ok, I hope you'll be able to make it.
<anonimal> For anyone who hasn't seen an episode of openhours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-NF6S9MM_W1QBjUc2B5Pg502bz7qslxk&v=s3nuVJmf9B0
<rehrar> Can we put item 5 before 4 please? :)
<rehrar> nah never mind forget it
<anonimal> 4. Contributor FFS check-in / status
<anonimal> As I posted above, my 5th tranche was completed several days ago. Started the new tranche with some brief SSU collab with MoroccanMalinois and related work, but was AFK yesterday.
<rehrar> Congratulations anonimal!!
<anonimal> Thanks rehrar.
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois has been pumping out <insert great adjective here> work since he took over guzzi's unfinished FFS.
<MoroccanMalinois> :) thanks
<moneromooo> go go MoroccanMalinois ^_^
<rehrar> this kid ^^
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois: any thoughts/comments on point 4.?
<MoroccanMalinois> Nope. Maybe i should be ready for a milestone in next meeting :)
<anonimal> Awesome, ok.
* anonimal notes 100% fluidity in workflow from MoroccanMalinois. No snags, no conflicts, very helpful code
<anonimal> I don't mean to put you on the spot, I'm just trying to give a sense of your presence IMHO for the log / posterity.
<anonimal> Any other thoughts on 4.?
<MoroccanMalinois> :) thanks. I enjoy how it's going on so far
<anonimal> Good to hear.
<anonimal> 5. Community's progress with addendum / revision to https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/63
<rehrar> I'm on that this week. Tomorrow actually.
<rehrar> I've been writing extensive documentation for the new website, and that's pretty much all done.
<rehrar> So I will be drafting documentation for FFS including terms, formatting, and theory.
<rehrar> I'll update the issue when it's done for review
<anonimal> Interesting. Which repo will you be working in?
<rehrar> Well I plan to have a Forum Funding System section in the User Guides page
<rehrar> http://45.32.161.183/resources/user-guides/
<rehrar> so I thought I'd just put it in there from the get-go, but I can start it off in the meta repo
<rehrar> there's already one in the meta repo
<rehrar> https://github.com/monero-project/meta/blob/master/FFS
<rehrar> So I'll probably start working in there
<rehrar> and then port to the User Guides once it's done
<rehrar> done = approved
<anonimal> Ok. Maybe after that's done, we can remove it from the meta repo to avoid redundancy.
<rehrar> Sounds good.
<anonimal> We'll see how it goes.
<rehrar> I'll use the current one as a base and get into specifics regarding licensing and community expectations
<anonimal> Cool, that all sounds good rehrar. Anyone else on 5.? I have not looked/worked on the document since I created this meeting item.
<rehrar> if there's anything that anyone thinks is important, throw it up on the issue
<anonimal> Moving on, 6. Open Meta issue review https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues
* anonimal was hoping FP was around for #77, #78
<rehrar> Shot a message to FP regarding new Kovri logo, waiting for response
<rehrar> #80
<anonimal> Ok. pigeons rehrar do you know if we own getkovri.net?
<rehrar> I don't. Sec.
<anonimal> FP and I talked about that a looong time ago, not sure if he bought it though.
<rehrar> checking to see if it's taken
<moneromooo> The monero site is getmonero.org, if you're trying for the same template.
<rehrar> we have the .org but he's thinking to get .net and have it redirect to .org
<rehrar> it's available btw, so nobody has it
<anonimal> moneromooo: yep. It was instinct for me to type getkovri.net because of geti2p.net
<moneromooo> Cool. Ignore me then ^_^
<anonimal> fluffypony ^ getkovri.net?
<rehrar> I'll find a domain name seller and ask them to take Monero
<anonimal> Ok
* anonimal looks through open issues
<rehrar> regarding https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/43 I will be working on an action plan this week
<rehrar> it will probably a Monero and Kovri hybrid
<rehrar> but I'll make specific sections for each
<rehrar> there's tons of fun ideas spinning around in my mind
<rehrar> I'll probably lean towards a Kovri focus since I think it needs more help than Monero
<anonimal> Awesome awesome. I'd love to see what you come up with.
<ArticMine> I would get kovri.org
<ArticMine> before it gets taken
<anonimal> If anyone here gets it now, I'm sure they can be reimbursed.
<rehrar> I'll buy. But are the domains owned by a Monero specific account that I should transfer to?
<serhack> I think I can get getkovri.net
<rehrar> if there isn't would it be wise to have an [email protected] type of email that the domains and other things can be attributed to? or would that be too centralized?
<rehrar> the Core team would have the password to it, ofc. I don't know what the current setup is.
* anonimal shrugs, all out of my jurisdiction, wishing FP was here
<anonimal> luigi1113: do we have a centralized accounts address?
<anonimal> rehrar serhack: if either of you can buy the domain now, that was be exquisite
<serhack> okay
<serhack> let me check
* anonimal stays out of this one
<rehrar> serhack, you can nab them and get reimbursed with Monero, as I know you're trying to get some more (afaik)
<rehrar> both getkovri.net and kovri.org if available
<ArticMine> Just registered kovri.org
<anonimal> ajs: I haven't forgotten about you! https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/27
<rehrar> ArticMine is boss
<anonimal> Thank you ArticMine
<Olufunmilayo> might I suggest also .com so to have all 3 top levels for each domain name? this would aid in preventing someone setting up .com and serving malicious code or ..ect
<rehrar> good point
<rehrar> but I think kovri.com is taken
<anonimal> lol, actual russian kovri
<ArticMine> Yes it is and is used in an unrelated business in Russia
<rehrar> it's a russian rug store
<Olufunmilayo> well where possible that is
<rehrar> I speak Russian
<rehrar> I can reach out to them to see their willingness to sell
<serhack> can you confirm me getkovri.net ?
<serhack> anonimal
<rehrar> ye that's the one
<anonimal> Huh? What do you need from me?
<anonimal> Yes, getkovri.net
<serhack> okay, done
<anonimal> Yay, grazie il mio amico
<rehrar> ok so in Russian Ковер is a rug
<serhack> :) you are trying to speak italian!! :)
<rehrar> and the plural is Ковры
<rehrar> which is Kovri in English
<serhack> there is a free who-is privacy :)
<rehrar> So literally, for the, the site is rugs.com
<anonimal> Ya znaiu, rehrar
<rehrar> which I could imagine is a pretty premium domain for Russia
<rehrar> D:
<rehrar> anonimal: the master of all language
<iDunk> I was wondering about that the other day.
<iDunk> There was an odd "Me too" :)
<iDunk> anonimal starting to deanon? :D
<anonimal> rehrar: maybe they'll be interested in kovri software
<serhack> anonimal: where can I talk with you privatly?
<anonimal> iDunk: ah!
<serhack> irc?
<rehrar> at the very least, we can ask that they accpet Monero
<rehrar> I will purchase their rugs with Monero
<anonimal> serhack: for secure privacy, yes: use OTR on IRC.
<anonimal> rehrar: lol yes do it!
<anonimal> ajs: if you're around, I'll be happy to talk more about #27
<rehrar> serhack, if you need some help putting OTR for IRC I can show what I did
<serhack> rehrar: yeah, I need some help
<anonimal> Thank you for helping, rehrar
<rehrar> alright, no worries man.
<rehrar> no worries other man
<anonimal> rehrar: what do you think of this https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/24
<anonimal> How effective do you think it would be?
<rehrar> I was just looking at that. I know nothing about GNU social
<rehrar> I'll give it some research this week
<rehrar> and I'll get back to you on viability and pros/cons
<rehrar> let's get all the issues closed :D
<anonimal> We had a test run a long while ago. Someone started hosting a test server but then seemed to abandon it. The service didn't catch on for our community but then again I think no one knew about it.
<anonimal> Ok, sounds good.
<anonimal> Any thoughts on #81?
<anonimal> needmultisig90: https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/81
<anonimal> Well, we're running out of time. Any other comments/questions about open meta issues?
<rehrar> Nah. Not for now.
<anonimal> 7. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois and I started a discussion around 01:00 UTC Saturday. I think we can continue anytime after the meeting.
<anonimal> Anything else on 7.?
<anonimal> 8. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> rbrunner will be working on some new windows installers. I'm very happy to hear this :)
<rbrunner> Thanks :)
<rehrar> Woo!
<rbrunner> My little contribution to the revolution
<anonimal> I'll respond to your message a.s.a.p, rbrunner, then I think the rest will be straightforward.
<rbrunner> By mail?
<anonimal> Hehe, a very welcome contribution.
<anonimal> Sure, just to keep continuity. Then more IRC if you're comfortable with that.
<rbrunner> Ok.
<anonimal> Any other meeting items from anyone?
<anonimal> 9. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Two weeks, same time?
<rehrar> No
<rehrar> Jk yes.
<MoroccanMalinois> lol
<anonimal> haha
<anonimal> Ok, thanks everyone. :)
<anonimal> Fruitful meeting. I could taste the nectar.


Post tags : Dev Diaries, i2p, Cryptography