Logs for the Kovri Dev Meeting Held on 2017-10-06

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

October 06, 2017

Logs

<anonimal> 1. Greetings
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> 3. Contributor FFS check-in / status
<anonimal> 4. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<anonimal> 5. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> 6. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Hello
<MoroccanMalinois> Hi
<ArticMine> Hi
<ajs> Yo
<anonimal> ping rehrar
<rehrar> Yeah I'm here. Sorry.
<rehrar> Finishing something up with wife. Done in 2.
<anonimal> 2 what?
<rehrar> Min. Sorry.
<rehrar> Ok. You have 100% rehrar now.
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> For me, in addition to the usual project work + review/collab, testnet development and a big chunk of time spent toward a complete NTCP rewrite
<anonimal> We last met on the 24th, that week was productive, last week was a very productive 60 hour week, this week was very unproductive.
<anonimal> (for me)
<anonimal> Sunday's Vegas shooting has kept me pre-occupied as well as finally getting to long-standing non-kovri personal tech things resolved.
<rehrar> I can bump docs by myself, finished the Spanish translation. First draft of Russian translation should be done tomorrow. Started new website construction. Obtained svgs of Kovri logo from FP (should I push them anywhere?) and worked on the press kit.
<rehrar> Oh, I'm all set up for Kovri twitter now also, and can ask a few questions regarding that later this meeting.
<anonimal> Yes, meta repo like we discussed. If they go on the site then kovri-site.
<anonimal> Anything else for point 2.?
<erciccione_[m]> hi everybody
<MoroccanMalinois> Not much for me, i understand better some of the weird ssu numbers that i had, but still need more debugging
<anonimal> Ok
<anonimal> There's been a lot of new French translation work, collab between woodyjon and MoroccanMalinois. rehrar will you summarize any other team translation work?
<rehrar> Sure.
<rehrar> So the translation efforts have been, at least from my end, focused on the BTC Manager article that they put out about Kovri. We agreed it's a really good Kovri intro and we can point noobs to Kovri there for them to understand more about the project.
<rehrar> I'm taking on Spanish and Russian, and I think I found a Dutch guy who is interested in translating.
<anonimal> Ok, great
<rehrar> On another front, we are also receive awesome help from woodyjon with the French translation of the site.
<rehrar> I will start doc Russian translation also
<erciccione_[m]> @rehrar i'm gonna make the italian translation of the article as soon as i get my stuff back (moving home)
<anonimal> rehrar: Yes, I just mentioned woodyjon. He's also working on the few bits in kovri-site?
<anonimal> erciccione_[m]: great
<rehrar> There was a second article featuring anonimal from BTC Manager a bit ago, and anyone is free to translate it. There is a repo set up at https://GitHub.com/rehrar/monero-translations
<anonimal> 3. Contributor FFS check-in / status
<rehrar> Yeah. Woodyjon is making quick work of the site.
<MoroccanMalinois> Nothing new for me
<anonimal> I'm chugging along.
<rehrar> Majority hours are going to Monero right now. Planned on finished cranking out a huge chunk of Kovri hours for Monero in the next two days.
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois: are you don't with your last milestone? I've lost track of how many meetings you've said you'd be done with it by now so I'm starting to get a little concerned. I know at least more than 3 meetings.
<anonimal> Is everything ok?
<anonimal> *done
<MoroccanMalinois> unexpected professional obligations … i prefer to submit what i already have before asking for a milestone, but it requires more debugging …
<anonimal> Ok, but if you've put in the hours already then I think you should get the payout.
<anonimal> Otherwise people are wondering what you're doing (it's been at least 2 months since last milestone completion and no further info in the forum thread).
<anonimal> Does that sound fair?
<ArticMine> Maye an informal update?
<ArticMine> Maybe
<MoroccanMalinois> Sounds fair, will publish something soon
<anonimal> Ok, sounds good.
* anonimal hopes your unexpected obligations go smoothly
<MoroccanMalinois> me too :)
<anonimal> Anything else on point 3 FFS check-in?
<anonimal> 4. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<anonimal> One thing that wasn't mentioned in the brief review was selsta's contributions and ongoing work. We now have colored logging to console and, last I heard, selsta is working on kovri-util cpuid functionality.
* anonimal checks issue trackers for point 4
<MoroccanMalinois> One question: on testnet floodfill instances keeps indefinitely trying to build a session with themselves since they are in the reseed zip (hence number of SessionRequest that keeps increasing), should we try to skip building this session based on IP comparison ?
<anonimal> I take it you've somehow implementing something which allows only a specific number of floodfills to be created rather than every RI?
<anonimal> Or is every router still –floodfill?
<selsta> anonimal: yes cpuid is my next project. although I haven’t started yet as uni is quite challenging :/
<MoroccanMalinois> nope, that's what happens with current testnet (for my tests, i disable ntcp)
<anonimal> selsta: good to hear :)
<anonimal> MoroccanMalinois: that's a good question, I'll have to look at the code and get back to you after the meeting.
<MoroccanMalinois> k thanks
<anonimal> meta/#118 is still open, I haven't heard a chirp from pigeons in a while. pigeons is this an easy fix?
* anonimal still can't connect that machine
<anonimal> meta/#77 still hasn't been resolved, I know we talked about it with fluffypony many meetings ago.
<anonimal> Any last thoughts on meta/#113?
<i2p-relay> {-fluffypony} <- on vacation still
<rehrar> #12 too no?
<anonimal> Ooo vacation, nice :)
<rehrar> Have a good life fluffypony
<i2p-relay> {-fluffypony} lol
<rehrar> When do you return?
<anonimal> ArticMine erciccione_[m] rehrar last thoughts on meta/#113?
<anonimal> Can it be closed now?
<rehrar> Nothing further to add. I can close it unless anyone else has anything more.
<erciccione_[m]> nothing from me
<rehrar> Going once.
<anonimal> serhack started? work on kovri-site/#4, how's that coming along serhack?
<rehrar> Twice?
<rehrar> Closed
<serhack> hey!
<serhack> I'm waiting for rehrar :slightly_smiling_face:
<ArticMine> Ok
<rehrar> Oh?
<serhack> :) in order to design the page :
<anonimal> Ok. Yes, that will require some collab between you two.
<i2p-relay> {-fluffypony} rehrar: Oct 15
<anonimal> Any questions about kovri-site/#4, rehrar?
<rehrar> Not super sure what all this is, or what is required of me.
<rehrar> I know it's been an ongoing conversation for a while. Do we just need to print Serhack stuff on the page?
<serhack> okay, let's explain to rehrar
<serhack> yes rehrar
<rehrar> Ok, then that shouldn't be an issue. On every page of Kovri site?
<anonimal>
<anonimal> No, let's talk more after the meeting.
<serhack> :( no
<serhack> don't be worried
<rehrar> Sure thing. Sorry for my misunderstanding.
<anonimal> re: meta/#87, more people should get involved with meta/#87 so we can wrap it up.
<anonimal> Should something go on reddit?
<rehrar> I'll post right after this meeting.
<rehrar> If that's what we decide.
<rehrar> There's a lot of big discussions going on right now, like the project relicensing issue, as well.
<rehrar> ArticMine, would you mind looking at that PR?
<rehrar> https://github.com/monero-project/meta/pull/87
<ArticMine> I'll take at look at #87
<rehrar> Thanks!
<anonimal> rehrar: kovri-site/#3, did a draft ever come up for a quickstart?
<anonimal> re-introducing a simple quickstart section to the readme is trivial but I don't think you had that in mind?
<rehrar> Kovri site #3 is changing the link color
<anonimal> We're running out of time, let's talk more later.
<rehrar> Ok.
<anonimal> s/kovri-site/kovri-docs/
<anonimal> oops
<rehrar> Ok. We'll talk more.
<anonimal> One last thing, the first Monero Coffee Chat is tomorrow https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/123
<anonimal> sgp I won't be able to make it but surely sometime in the future I can hop on the call.
<serhack> great
<anonimal> 5. Any additional meeting items
<rehrar> Nothing that can't be discussed later.
<anonimal> ^
<anonimal> 6. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Does 20:00 work for everyone?
<anonimal> Or is 18:00 the best for everyone?
<rehrar> 20 should be fine.
<MoroccanMalinois> both ok for me
<ArticMine> 1800 is better for me
<erciccione_[m]> both good for me
<ArticMine> but I can do 2000 if we keep it there
<serhack> 2000 is the perfect time
<ArticMine> That is on Fridays
<ArticMine> So we make it 2000 on every second Firday?
<anonimal> If that works for you.
<ArticMine> Friday
<ArticMine> Yes that works
<rehrar> Serhack explained to me. It'll be done before the end of the day.
<serhack> in italy it's the end of the day
<serhack> but I will work on it asap
<anonimal> Ok thanks everyone. Please anyone speakup/complain if the new dates and times aren't working out.
<anonimal> Next meeting Oct. 20th, 20:00 UTC.


Post tags : Dev Diaries, Kovri I2P Router, Cryptography