Logs for the Kovri Dev Meeting Held on 2017-04-23

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

April 23, 2017

Logs

<anonimal> 1. Greetings
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> 3. More preparation for 96boards.org OpenHours showcase for Kovri / Monero (@fluffypony @danrmiller location status, @anonimal "de-anon consideration" status)
<anonimal> 4. Status (again) of Monero HackerOne umbrella and bounty. hackerone.com/monero is online but we need to resolve FFS funding before inviting researchers. VRP status for all projects + bounty status
<anonimal> 5. Website status (@rehrar @bigreddmachine @alvinjoelsantos @danrmiller)
<anonimal> 6. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<anonimal> 7. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> 8. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Hello. It looks like fluffypony is MIA.
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> https://github.com/monero-project/kovri/pulse/monthly <– #615 to #629, in particular #627
<anonimal> Anything else before we move onto 3.?
<anonimal> 3. More preparation for 96boards.org OpenHours showcase for Kovri / Monero (@fluffypony @danrmiller location status, @anonimal "de-anon consideration" status)
<anonimal> fluffypony is MIA, I think pigeons is MIA, I'm not de-anoning for the time being.
<anonimal> Anything else on 3.?
<guzzijones12> on 2 i am working on removing the global client context.
<anonimal> Whatever your strategy is, the same strategy should apply to core context, just FYI.
* anonimal we can talk more in 6.
<anonimal> 4. Status (again) of Monero HackerOne umbrella and bounty. hackerone.com/monero is online but we need to resolve FFS funding before inviting researchers. VRP status for all projects + bounty status
<anonimal> fluffypony needs to move this to funding required https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/87597/monero-bounty-for-hackerone
<anonimal> We can't move forward until that happens.
<anonimal> I've submitted a VRP to monero/#1995
<moneromooo> luigi1112: is that something you have privs to do ?
<moneromooo> (also surae's).
<anonimal> Once #1995 is fleshed out, I'll submit to the core repo and the website with relevant adjustments (as we discussed in previous meeting(s))
* anonimal not sure if luigi is around, anything else on 4.?
<moroccanmalinois> Before the alpha release, if i find a bug that can, for example, crash a router, should i go through the process or is it cool to just PR ?
<anonimal> moroccanmalinois: PR. We probably won't even apply our VRP until we are in beta, btw.
<anonimal> We should add a note if that will be the case.
<moroccanmalinois> ok
<anonimal> 5. Website status (@rehrar @bigreddmachine @alvinjoelsantos @danrmiller)
* anonimal has nothing on 5., will await any response
<anonimal> Alright, more no-shows AFAICT :/
<anonimal> 6. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<guzzijones12> like you said move to the other contexts after client context for me.
<anonimal> moroccanmalinois: re: #624, I received a response saying that he'll look into the issue.
<moroccanmalinois> ok
<anonimal> guzzijones12: you can PR the client one first before moving onto core. There may be related issues to resolve anyway.
<anonimal> (as long as it works)
<guzzijones12> yes ok.
<anonimal> Anything else on 6.? Questions?
<anonimal> 7. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> None from me. Anyone else?
<guzzijones12> i am good.
<ArticMine> I am good
<anonimal> 8. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Two weeks, same time.
<anonimal> Thanks everyone. In under 20 minutes!
<rehrar> Sorry here.
<rehrar> Lel. I was expecting meeting at 1.
<johnalan> tumbleweeds
<johnalan> ;)
<johnalan> hows the Kovri site?
<johnalan> any news on that end?
<rehrar> Well, I showed the design for it, which was based off of the chosen Monero design.
<rehrar> I've been making Monero wires.
<rehrar> The Kovri site should be easier since there's not as much info.
<johnalan> cool - great work
<rehrar> Because of that, I'd like to make custom pages for each Kovri page based on the same CSS framework that will be developed for Monero.
<rehrar> The goal for both sites is to make upkeep and adding/editing pages as simple as possible. As simple as copy and pasting out of a HTML/css assets document to construct the blocks of pages.
<johnalan> fab
<johnalan> sounds good my man
<rehrar> If you'd like to take a look at the wires, let me know.
<rehrar> I'm still toying with the garlic logo when I feel inclined. :P
<johnalan> :)
<johnalan> got a link to the latest wires?
<guzzijones12> hard to make the logo and make it look garlic with those colors. imo
<rehrar> Sure. I'll PM them to you.
<luigi1112> sorry afk. will be around later, ping again if you think about it
<anonimal> luigi1112: can you move this to funding required? fp said he would do it soon after the last meeting IIRC https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/87597/monero-bounty-for-hackerone
<luigi1112> I probably can, not at computer right now though
<anonimal> k
<anonimal> moroccanmalinois: new proposal open. #630
<ajs> 5. Website status: @pigeons got the site I worked on up and running on a server, but I guesss we will go with @rehrar design since it is better
<needmultisig90> as far as the deanon goes, I actually like that our figurehead working on Kovri is anonymous
<needmultisig90> just food for thought
<needmultisig90> Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I think it's both prudent (from a rubber hose attack perspective) and aligns with the ethos of the project.
<needmultisig90> @anonimal
<anonimal> Sounds fair.


Post tags : Dev Diaries, Kovri I2P Router, Cryptography