Logs for the Kovri Dev Meeting Held on 2016-09-11

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

September 11, 2016

Logs

<fluffypony> anonimal: all yours :)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 1. Community input for kovri logo https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/create-beautiful-logo-kovri-privacy-enhancing-open-source-652257/entries
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 2. Greetings
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 3. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 4. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 5. Any additional meeting items
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 6. Confirm next meeting date/time
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Everyone quick, before you leave, give your opinion on the logo!
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: I think we narrowed it down to #239 and #146
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Maybe others are of interest?
<MalMen> well, I am checking the bitcoin rcp and they use wordwordword, I think i like word_word_word better
<fluffypony> https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/create-beautiful-logo-kovri-privacy-enhancing-open-source-652257/entries/146
<fluffypony> https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/create-beautiful-logo-kovri-privacy-enhancing-open-source-652257/entries/239
<hyc> the onion/garlic thing … I guess it's descriptive, but I can't take it seriously
<lurker> 146
<fluffypony> hyc: it's coz of Garlic Routing
<Elli0t> 88
<MalMen> for example "getthis" would bedificuld to understund with no "get_this", but i like "getThis" too, I think I got that from javascript
<hyc> yes, I see that, but …
<fluffypony> MalMen: can you take it to PM with tewinget, or wait till after the Kovri meeting?
<tewinget> MalMen: if you want to discuss that, PM me, otherwise try to wait until the Kovri meeting concludes.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] MalMen, we are in the kovri meeting. Please wait for monero chat until afterward.
<tewinget> dammit fluffypony
<fluffypony> lol
<MalMen> lo
<MalMen> please continue :D
<hyc> I think the stylized Ks are more preofessional
<Kermit_> As a designer 146 it also brand recognition with xmr
<fluffypony> #146 is more in the spirit of the Monero logo, I'll definitely agree with that
<fluffypony> and yeah, the brand recognition aspect is +1
<i2p-relay> {-guzzi} #239
<tooquick_4u> #146
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} I kinda like https://images-contests.99static.com/wYofliD7HjSVmkBoYhGS4CyMeNc=/188x0:1464x1276/500x500/top/smart/99designs-contests-attachments/75/75384/attachment_75384769, the variants of https://images-contests.99static.com/Gs4VClupDwKJEGKvaX7I40TLckg=/0x0:1156x1156/500x500/top/smart/99designs-contests-
<meeting-bot> attachments/75/75381/attachment_75381142
<tewinget> wait, isn't 99designs basically spec-work?
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-ArticMine} Kovri logo Do we want a variant of the Monero logo or something entirely different?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] But why get washed in with more corporatism? We're at a juncture to break some molds here.
<fluffypony> tewinget: yes
<tewinget> eww
<DaveyJones> on the other hand 239 is catchy… ppl may recognize that… while 146 goes in and goes out of mind
* fluffypony ponders
<tewinget> that said, 146 is nice.
<hyc> I kinda like 254 / 253 but they're so abstract I dunno what they represent
<fluffypony> anonimal: I don't think it's "corporate" per se
<fluffypony> "professional" sure
<blackink> my vote is 236
<blackink> i mean 239
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] moneromooo: can you tiny that url? weechat sucks
<hyc> 239 - ok, that's still understated, I could respect that
<fluffypony> my concern is that if we're too playful it eventually ends up like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Itoopie.svg/2000px-Itoopie.svg.png
<fluffypony> :-P
<pero> i like the font squarepoint is using
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] hyc: 254/253, the person was probably drinking pepsi at the time.
<pero> in 25x and 99
<tewinget> 24{7,8} aren't half bad.
<hyc> lol. 219 has that Monero tie-in with the garlic
<pero> i like #239 but the kerning is awful from a typography perspective
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] why the halloween colors anyway?
<fluffypony> bear in mind, too, that we can change it later on
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} anonimal: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/426683/14736136/
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] moneromooo: thanks
<fluffypony> guzzi: the orange? coz of the Monero logo's colours, I'd guess
<ferretinjapan> 246 is a nice mix of both 146 and 239 imo
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: how much can we change after we pick one?
<fluffypony> anonimal: we can always pay them more to make more changes
<fluffypony> we also made changes to the Monero logo after delivery
<fluffypony> to fix the kerning
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] got it
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} Not sure what numbers these map to, no numbers in the URLs
<dEBRUYNE> I like 239 btw
<nioc> if between 239 and 146 then 239
<pero> wouldnt logo selection work better (more efficiently) by filtering out the ones no one likes
<dEBRUYNE> moneromooo: your first link is #239
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] moneromooo: the garlic one was top choice #239, the other one I don't know
<pero> and then having an in depth look at a smaller selection
<fluffypony> pero: no this is much more fun, the entire dev meeting will be "but I like this logo" :-P
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} THanks :)
<hyc> in that 223 series, is that a Tau, for Tor?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] moneromooo: I like the mask idea but the artist took the easy way out and just plastered it next to text.
<MalMen> between 146 and 239 for me
<hyc> 236-237 I have to exclude, there's a Circle-K convenience store chain in California that looks like that
<ferretinjapan> why not make it 146 and just go a different color, it would still feel monero-ish
<Flyfree10> is this where the meeting for Monero is?
<MalMen> 239 is nice because it bring the "onion" that is easly recognised by tor users
<lurker> i think keep it simple whilst linking to monero and its a winner 239 is good but if at anypoint the logo is just to be used it is not always instantly recognisable whereas the 146 is
<moneromooo> Flyfree10: finished
<Flyfree10> how did it go?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] hyc: re: tau, that's a bold stretch, I think only you and a few others would have pointed that out
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] e.g., artist probably wasn't thinking on that level
<moneromooo> Hmm. Wordy I guess. There will be logs from dEBRUYNE, most likely.
<hyc> I'm gonna go with 239
<tewinget> Flyfree10: Kovri meeting in-progress, wait a bit and Monero dev meeting minutes will be on reddit I'm sure.
<hyc> if you think the typography needs to be touched up, cool, but overall it looks classy and it still has the garlic without being over the top
<fluffypony> ok
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Alright, I'm seeing a lot of #239 (also my top pick)
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} People are going to be confused between garlic/onion, I'm sure.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] They should be, they are very similar in terms of routing
<fluffypony> they are, moneromooo, but I don't think they'll be confused enough to care
<fluffypony> it's not like people make privacy decisions based on routing models :-P
<ferretinjapan> yeah i think the garlic just looks confusing.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] So should we do a vote of "anything *not* 239"?
<hyc> yeah. it's close enough. several of the others leave me wondering WTH they are.
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> The one option I'm not seeing is a direct copy of the Monero (M). I did a quick mockup: https://i.imgur.com/8wIh8Hb.png
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Strong opinions on *not* 239?
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} Well… "I use kovri, that's a privacy program for that onion type thing"
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] How can we improve #239?
<fluffypony> otoh I don't think I've ever heard a non-technical person talk about onion routing, moneromooo
<medusa_> personally i also like 245, the green symbols strong roots
<pero> 239 needs a different font and some kerning
<MalMen> we can allways tell "we use garlic instead of union to keep vampires away from the network"
<fluffypony> xmr_eric: there were a bunch of those, like hundreds of them, we rejected them in favour of #239
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-ArticMine} 239 Possible confusion with Tor. Could be dicey from a trademark perspective
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> cool
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] #239 looks nice
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Don't think there would be trademark issues
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] medusa_ I like the logo but not so much the colour.
<pero> if you took the word kovri from 254 and stuck it into 239 it would look significantly better
<fluffypony> ArticMine: I don't know if there's much risk there, since they're just terms that describe the routing (and Tor don't own a trademark on the routing term afaik)
<fluffypony> definitely if we were claiming something like that in text
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] pero: good point
<MalMen> anonimal at the begining I didnt like the colors of monero too, but grown on me
<hyc> yeh that's why I don't like 246. the tuft at the top of the logo reminds me too much of the tor onion
<ferretinjapan> 239 isnt horrible, but it definitely doesn't feel like it has a connection to Monero
<ferretinjapan> other than the color, it doesn't really feel like it's closely bound to the Monero project.
<lurker> agree ferretinjapan
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-ArticMine} There are common law trademarks by "use in commerce" in both cases
<ferretinjapan> If that's intentional then awesome, but otherwise, people may not even connect monero and kovri together as being sister projects.
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-moneromooo} Then… we could superimpose: 239 with added arms on top of the monero M, trying to hide it :D
<pero> i think my the minimal pacmans from 88 and 81 arent bad either
<fluffypony> anonimal: what are your thoughts on the "connection to Monero" thing - do we want it to be more tightly coupled or not?
<hyc> then xmr_eric's would be fine
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony ferretinjapan lurker: if the artists can somehow come up with a better idea other than slapping a big K in the style of monero onto the garlic, then I'm open to new ideas
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] fluffypony i agree if there needs to be aconnection to monero that is important to discussion on 239
<hyc> or at least a starting point. maybe turn the circle background into the garlic
<pero> 139 and 138 too
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] anonimal, aggreed on the K statement.
<pero> 138 is a more subtle variant of 239
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Realistically, at kovri's future apex, it will still be an independent router; so I'm not sure why there's so much concern about "connection"
<hyc> hm, yeah, so subtle I didn't notice it before ;)
<ferretinjapan> a fusing of the two whould be nice
* tewinget (tentatively) casts his vote for 247, or some iteration upon it.
<fluffypony> anonimal: I guess because it's like Apache projects, that all fold into the Apache structure / governance etc.
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] the color by itself should be a sufficient connection
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] #247 looks so terribly awkward
<ferretinjapan> that's why I liked #246, but maybe it's a bit too plain
<hyc> 138 reminds me more of saturn's rings than a garlic
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] #246: the flaming egg
<hyc> I'm still going with 239, final answer.
<fluffypony> lol
<ferretinjapan> or the tennisball with fuzz on top :)
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-ArticMine} Possibly 251 No onion / garlic
<MalMen> well, If it was to be something completly distinct from monero I would vote 249
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Let's decide on 1 and see how we can improve it.
<tewinget> I think maybe since there are so many opinions we shelf this for now, make a shortlist of 10 or so, and discuss among just those at a later time.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I'm voting #239
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] we ef have two camps here. use a letter like Monero logo or – somethinge else00
<fluffypony> we have 8 days to make a decision, tewinget
<hyc> shrink them down to 16x16 favicons, most of them will look like garbage
<fluffypony> tbh I kinda like #239 too
<fluffypony> and I think the colour is indeed enough of a connection
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] #239 should do
<tewinget> fluffypony: that later time could be an hour from now, I just figured maybe get to the rest of the Kovri meeting, then circle back.
<fluffypony> also we can ALWAYS change it later
<pero> hyc except for 135 and 134
<fluffypony> not like we have a branding department to report to
<pero> i think tus_99 definitely has the best handle on the design
<hyc> ok, 135 isn't bad.
<pero> and squarepoint the best typography
<fluffypony> anonimal: as the CEO of Kovri (kidding) you get to decide, I think you've heard enough opinions, and we'll defer to you
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: thank you
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] #239 it is *but* we should work out font and see if artist can improve the idea.
<fluffypony> absolutely
<fluffypony> I'll finalise the 99designs competition in the next couple of days, and give the artist final direction
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Who here had thoughts about kerning, etc.?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] (backlog too big to read)
<pero> that was i
<fluffypony> pero did
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] pero could you give specifics so fluffypony can relay to artist?
<pero> sure i'll pm him something in a little bit
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Thanks pero
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: will we ever have a one-on-one with tus_99?
<fluffypony> I don't think so
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] As in, ever speak directly with him?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Oh
<fluffypony> I think we send him direction and then he's like "ok here" and that's it
<fluffypony> but we will have the source
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Odd world we live in.
<fluffypony> and we can modify it from there
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok great
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] So, resolved with #239?
<meeting-bot> [i2p-relay] {-ArticMine} I have to leave now
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Thanks ArticMine
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] anonimal: Yes, let's move on
<fluffypony> indeed
<fluffypony> rubber stamp of approval and all that
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Sold, to #239!
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Alright next
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 2. Greetings
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 3. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Hi
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] (lol)
<fluffypony> lol
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Hi
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] hi
<fluffypony> EinMByte thanks for taking the time to join the meeting, I know you're busy
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] git log –pretty=oneline –since=2weeks –no-merges | wc -l
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 30
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Fixes, features, improvements.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Highlights include:
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - The infamous transports "5 - 6 = 18446744073709551615" diffie-hellman keypair supplier bug, now fixed
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - AddressBook fixes/enhancements
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - HTTP fixes/enhancements
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - Clearnet / in-net download impl
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - Coverity resolutions
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] - More in log
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Please pipe-in if I missed something we should note
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Oh yes, more NTCP fixes thanks to EinMByte
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] And more on the way (not yet merged)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Anything else on 3.?
<fluffypony> i'd like to point out that the Kovri instance that runs i2p-relay
<fluffypony> no longer suffers from memory leaks (although they were only occasional before)
<fluffypony> thank you for fixing :)
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] There's a few more leaks that need fixing
<fluffypony> (that server has 128gb of RAM, so a memory leak is kinda humorous)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Hard to pin down. One would think they would have checked that 5 - 6 != 0
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] s/they/the mathematical magician/
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] fluffypony: Please tell us when you see inbound NTCP happening :)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] EinMByte that'll probably never happen until we fix it, lol
<fluffypony> will do lol
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] If we even need to fix it
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Something needs fixed somewhere
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Probably, yes
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 4. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] So latest hot topic was release planning for 33C3
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Is that done? Wiki still looks empty
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I'd rather not repeat the tons of work EinMByte and I have done this week. If anyone is interested they can start idling #kovri-dev
<fluffypony> whoop whoop
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] No, wiki not done
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I've sorted out open issues,
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] will open a few more directly related to first release,
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] will do more roadmap work once release cycle is codified,
<fluffypony> and now that we're closer to logo I can get back on the website / email bandwagon
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] we sill need a solid answer on CI
<fluffypony> anonimal: which CI question?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Mr. build bot, the devops guy who was supposed to be at the monero meeting today
<pigeons> hello
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Maybe I missed the discussion, I don't know
<DaveyJones> pigeons it is :D
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Hi pigeons
<fluffypony> oh
<fluffypony> lol
<fluffypony> anonimal sorry, it was at the beginning of the Monero meeting
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] My fault then, I came in late
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] When are we throwing out travis?
<pigeons> Hi. Im just getting everything started, but feel free to chat with me anytime and ill show you what were doing and yuo can tellme about the needs
<fluffypony> anonimal: we'll probably break the chassis on Monero first
<fluffypony> and setup IRC hooks etc.
<fluffypony> and then adding Kovri will be a snap
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Awesome and awesome, thanks pigeons and fluffypony
<pigeons> luckiy buildbot irc hooks are vey automactice and easy
<fluffypony> hashtag excite
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok great, so we'll keep in touch then overtime.
<pigeons> cool.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Next issue, fluffypony did you want me to bring-up/add something to the agenda?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: was it for website or email or both?
<fluffypony> anonimal: both
<fluffypony> can't think of anything else
<fluffypony> re: 33C3 I'll be putting a post up on the forum in the next little while so everyone knows what's potting
<meeting-bot> anonimal checking issues
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok, they've been milestone'd
<fluffypony> awesomesauce
<fluffypony> when shall we three meeting again? (to quote Macbeth)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Alright, open issues should be organized enough / milestone'd where appropriate
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Anything else on 4.?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] (4. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A)
<fluffypony> nothing from my side
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] So what I'm currently working (of the milestoned issues): #191, #312, #342
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] i will keep working on coverety isues
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Will do #213 later
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] For the memory leaks (and other memory problems): the ntcp branch has a couple of fixes
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Currently working on a (partial) fix of #342
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] You're not assigned to #342, I can add you unless you wanted to add yourself
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] I'll assign
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] https://github.com/monero-project/kovri/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.1.0-alpha+assignee%3AEinMByte
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] So to be clear, the backtrace you posted 4 hours ago is what I fixed
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] (but not yet pushed because unforseen issues)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I posted two. I imagine you're talking about the NTCP one
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Yes
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Won't touch the client issue for now
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Yay client
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] https://github.com/monero-project/kovri/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.1.0-alpha+assignee%3Aanonimal
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] That covers a small fraction of what I'll end up fixing / working on
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] For #187 (NTCP core issues), the main thing left to fix is the inbound NTCP
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I just don't assign myself in case someone else wants to grab something
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] EinMByte: yeah, running tcpdump against kovri –log-to-console 0 –v6 1 –enable-ssu 0
<meeting-bot> * anonimal pasting
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Yes, and I'd ask everyone else wanting to help out to do the same
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 19:42:20.974119 IP6 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:2c92:2e09:b8ee:e2d.59823 > me.11552: Flags [S], seq 1067814148, win 8192, options [mss 1220,nop,wscale 8,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 19:42:28.017709 IP6 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:2c92:2e09:b8ee:e2d.59823 > me.11552: Flags [S], seq 1067814148, win 8192, options [mss 1220,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] guzzi: Try this if you get bored with coverity issues
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Let's take mroe NTCP chat outside of the meeting since this is being logged
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] (–v6 not necessary, just see if you get inbound traffic, and paste logs when you do)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] *more
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Yes, I know, just happens to be the instance that is running
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] ok
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] guzzi any questions about tickets, etc.?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I'll be around after meeting, moving on.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 5. Any additional meeting items
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] no you have given me good tips lately
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] i appreciate it.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok good, glad to help.
<fluffypony> that's it from me
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Glad to have you onboard.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Nothing from me on 5.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Last call for 5.
<fluffypony> going once, going twice, sold!
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 6. Confirm next meeting date/time
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] What about the website, though?
<meeting-bot> * anonimal backtracks to 5.
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] (or did I just miss that)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] fluffypony: do you have any details yet?
<fluffypony> EinMByte: I said that now that we're wrapping up the logo I can get back on the bandwagon with that
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] And it *will* be online by first release fluffypony, yes?
<fluffypony> absolutely
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Well, it was supposed to be done by today
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] lol, EinMByte cracking the whip
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] So, what's the real deadline?
<fluffypony> oh - there must've been a miscommunication; when we decided on the logo finalists I said I was shelving it till we'd completed the logo decision
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] I think deadline should be at the very least a week before 33C3.
<fluffypony> anonimal: long before then
<fluffypony> we're keeping it simple initially, remember
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] As long as it works and doesn't look terrible, I'm happy.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Should we make a concrete date for website like we are for kovri release?
<fluffypony> let's see where we get before the next meeting and re-address it then
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] ok
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] Let's put that on the roadmap
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] One thing for 5.,
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] questioning if we should move build instructions to wiki
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] (github wiki)
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] A) easier, doesn't pollute git log B) makes us reliant on github
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] A good, B bad.
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Any thoughts? or we can move this to next meeting
<fluffypony> I think that's a bad idea
<fluffypony> if someone clones the repo they should have everything they need right there
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] But if they don't have network connectivity, kovri is useless
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] I tend to agree with fluffypony
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] And if they can clone from github, they have access to the website
<fluffypony> anonimal: what if Github blocks Tor access after they've cloned it?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] And if they have access to either, they can read build instructions.
<fluffypony> not everyone will be able to checkout an old commit to get build instructions
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] There could be a tutorial of some sort in the wiki
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] But basic build instructions should be in the repo
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Alright, no arguments from me, just questioning
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Anything else on 5.?
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] We're out of time
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 6. Confirm next meeting date/time
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] 2 weeks from now, works best I think.
<fluffypony> 2 weeks from now plz
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Ok, sept. 25th, same time
<fluffypony> ok
<meeting-bot> [EinMByte] ok
<meeting-bot> [anonimal] Thanks everyone. Thanks #monero-dev for the logo input too
<meeting-bot> [guzzi] ok


Post tags : Dev Diaries, Kovri I2P Router, Cryptography