Overview and Logs for the Dev Meeting Held on 2016-07-31

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

July 31, 2016

Overview

-

Logs

<fluffypony> time for meeting to start
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Are we not having a meeting?
<ArticMine> I was wondering the same thing
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Kovri meeting at 17:00. I thought we were meeting at 16:00.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} fluffypony: ^
<ArticMine> For Monero
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Yes
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} * disappointed
<luigi1112> Maybe he died
<luigi1112> We could meet without him if people have stuff to say :-)
<moneromooo> Well, I have one thing to say: who wants to join the testnet and try random stuff to see if they can get it to break ?
<moneromooo> Preferably corner cases.
<ArticMine> How many testnet nodes are there?
<moneromooo> I think three.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} I would but I don't have a reliable VPS at the moment.
<ArticMine> I can set at testnet node. What are the stiings
<ArticMine> settings
<moneromooo> bitmonerod –add-exclusive-node 176.9.17.19:28080 –testnet
<moneromooo> And you need to have built with my rct-private-fork branch.
<moneromooo> And make sure you backup your db and wallet first, as they won't be compatible with "normal" version once you run rct code.
<moneromooo> https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/tree/rct-private-fork is the branch to use.
<moneromooo> Actually, use https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/commit/58ea23fa144b9eaec506461f96649d0c7b4b3914
<moneromooo> Latest has an incompatible comms change.
<ArticMine> Great I will give this a try. Is there a test net db or sync from scratch
<moneromooo> If you don't have a testnet db already, you will have to sync.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} #903 has gotten some momentum. Is it too soon to come to an agreement?
<moneromooo> Can't hurt I think.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} So we need a name. moneromooo any thoughts?
<_Slack> <needmoney90> Bond. James Bond.
<moneromooo> I've seen two names proposed already. I don't have a better idea.
<_Slack> <needmoney90> (What are we naming again?)
<moneromooo> A repo, AFAICT.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} neemoney90: #903
<_Slack> <needmoney90> Repo-y McRepoface
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} luigi1112 any thoughts?
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} ArcticMine ^
<_Slack> <needmoney90> My thoughts submitted
<ArticMine> monero-organization for #903
<moneromooo> That sounds good.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Ooo, I like that best.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} ArcticMine will you comment in issue or I can copy/paste?
<ArticMine> You can copy past, I may comment.
<ArticMine> copy/paste
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} K, done. I also like monero-project/organization.
<ArticMine> That is also good
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Kovri end-user documentation proposal is in open tasks
<ArticMine> Actually better than my original idea
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/2592/create-end-user-kovri-documentation
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} The problem with the forum is that its somewhat obscure and I don't get emailed notifications.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} So obscurity = less funding. No notifications = more babysitting.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} An org repo can help with things like this, imho.
<redfish> maybe monero-project/org
<ArticMine> org can be confused with .org Just a thought
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Agreed. How about https://github.com/monero-project/community
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Or is that too vague?
<ArticMine> I thing community is too broad.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} Kovri meeting in 3 minutes.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} I'm hopping over to #kovri-dev
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} I wish the relay bot was online.
<ArticMine> One could say organizational
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} I would say have it here but I don't know who is freenode side.
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} If anyone is interested in talking about a logo for Kovri, could you please hop over to #kovri-dev?
<i2p-relay> {-anonimal} I don't know if dEBRUYNE is logging our meeting so I or slack will be taking care of it.


Post tags : Dev Diaries, Monero Core, Cryptography