Logs for the Kovri Dev Meeting Held on 2016-07-31

Posted by: dEBRUYNE / fluffypony

July 31, 2016

Logs

<anonimal> ping fluffypony we missed you in #monero-dev
<anonimal> I'll proceed with the meeting as planned but the bulk of the agenda is picking on your assigned issues.
<anonimal> https://github.com/monero-project/kovri/issues/216
<anonimal> Meeting Agenda: Sunday, July 31st, 17:00 UTC
<anonimal> 1. Greetings
<anonimal> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<anonimal> 3. Discuss Kovri logo
<anonimal> 4. Closing #271
<anonimal> 5. Closing #226
<anonimal> 6. Closing #105
<anonimal> 7. Closing #46
<anonimal> 8. Closing #27
<anonimal> 9. Any additional meeting items
<anonimal> 10. Confirm next meeting date/time
<anonimal> Hi.
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} * walks into the room and sits in the nearest available seat
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} Just watching for today
<anonimal> Is anyone freenode side? This meeting is not being relayed to #monero-dev. I'll hop onto slack to see if the relay is working.
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> It appears so
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> I2P, Slack, and IRC are all relaying
<anonimal> K, thanks.
<anonimal> Onto point 2.
<anonimal> $ git log –no-merges –pretty=oneline –since=1.month | wc -l
<anonimal> 72
<anonimal> Code highlights include:
<anonimal> - Mem leak fixes
<anonimal> - New constant-time comparison for ed25519
<anonimal> - Two new contributors: moneromooo and rakhimov
<anonimal> (hopefully will see more from both devs)
<anonimal> - regex fix, clang fixes
<anonimal> - A whole lot of build/repo work
<anonimal> - We officially build with clang
<anonimal> - We officially build on OSX again
<anonimal> - Two new submodules: cpp-netlib, cryptopp
<anonimal> - New URI parsing implementation courtesy of cpp-netlib
<anonimal> - New clang-format config (still in development)
<anonimal> - Updated style guide + building instructions + docs
<anonimal> - Upstream bug hunting/fixing (huge time-suck)
<anonimal> - Coverity's website finally works (for me)
<anonimal> - Misc fixes, enhancements
<anonimal> Project highlights include:
<anonimal> - Kovri End-User Documentation Proposal - #256
<anonimal> - 9 new opened issues, 7 new closed issues
<anonimal> - Creation of @[email protected]
<anonimal> - I've also spent some time with bitmonero/monero-project
<anonimal> That's all from me for 2. Anyone else?
<anonimal> Ok, guess not.
<anonimal> fluffypony fluffypony fluffypony fluffypony
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} * summons fluffypony from the depths
<anonimal> 2nd meeting in a row he's missed. I hope he's alive.
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} D:
<anonimal> I know this is opensource and volunteer but I'm getting a bit irritated.
<anonimal> Being stood up is not very respectful.
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} oh he isnt in this room
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} summoning wont work from here
<anonimal> lol needmoney90
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} He isn’t even on IRC it seems
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} hm
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} thats strange, Im used to him being always on/ide
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} idle
<anonimal> He's on irc2p side.
<anonimal> Is dEBRUYNE on freenode side? Is this meeting even being logged?
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} Well, Slack is certainly logging it
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} and my client possibly is
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} havent checked logging settings
<Zenified> so is my client
<anonimal> Ok.
<anonimal> Moving on to 3.
<anonimal> "Discuss Kovri logo"
<anonimal> Who did Monero's logo?
* anonimal: asked in #monero-dev, no response
<anonimal> Any thoughts on a logo for Kovri?
<anonimal> How about a nude porn star holding a letter 'K'?
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} I've been thinking about it
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} and….I don’t think that will get us corporate/mainstream usage
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} then again, maybe it will
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} keep it on the backburner
<anonimal> lol
* anonimal: was joking
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} I’ve been thinking some kind of K made of nodes (like the Ethereum Classic logo), but fading out on half
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} though its probably too complex
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} https://camo.githubusercontent.com/eec95efca3ae789116e4557656898ab52ca74cba/687474703a2f2f63646e2d696d616765732d312e6d656469756d2e636f6d2f6d61782f3830302f312a6e4955617a775f75334b436843583839664c674c44672e706e67
<anonimal> Sounds cool.
<anonimal> DaveyJones pointed this out https://99designs.de/logo-design/contests/monero-mro-cryptocurrency-logo-design-contest-382486
<anonimal> needmoney90: could that url get any longer?…
<anonimal> Ah, I see. Interesting idea needmoney90
<anonimal> Maybe we should hold a contest and reward the winner with XMR?
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} Sorry about the URL length, I copypasta’d without minifying
<anonimal> Np.
<anonimal> Where would be a good place to host a Kovri logo contest?
<anonimal> (XMR friendly place)
<anonimal> I'll open a ticket and we can deal with it later
<anonimal> Points 4-8 are all fluffypony
<anonimal> 9. Any addition meeting items
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} None here
<anonimal> EinMByte is MIA. SSU still not finished. From what I've worked on, debugging the rest to get it merged will require motivation on my part.
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} SSU?
<anonimal> No shows at meetings + no pay != motivation for me to do lifting beyond what I'm doing.
* anonimal: grabs link for needmoney90
<anonimal> needmoney90: #140
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} tanks
<anonimal> I'll make myself available for the next 30 minutes and then paste a link to the meeting log in #216
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} I’m really curious where fluffy got off to..
<anonimal> We were chatting about an hour before monero's meeting was supposed to start
<anonimal> Maybe he simply forget. This has happened several times in the past.
<i2p-relay> {-needmoney90} :(
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <anonimal> needmoney90: is there a way to easily export channel logs here?
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> hrmmm
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> I just exported
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> should have the logs (from all channels) in my email soon
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> barring that, someone's IRC client logs will work
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <anonimal> Nice. Would it be easy to fpaste a private paste of just our meeting? e.g., do they do any formatting or just lump everything into an email?
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> no idea
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <needmoney90> ill let you know
<i2p-relay> {-_Slack} <anonimal> Thanks. For the time being I'll just do a quick format of my logs to takeout timestamps and paste the meeting.


Post tags : Dev Diaries, Kovri I2P Router, Cryptography